In the wild, termites which are also known as “white ants” are, in fact, very useful in ecological systems as they assist to break down the nutrients from dead plants and trees. However, termites can pose a serious threat when they enter our homes. According to a study, termites are estimated to cause a loss of about 8.68 billion due to damage to building construction every year. That is the reason why it is important to eliminate terminates as soon as possible.
Damages caused by termites are more common than fires and floods because the tropical and high humidity environments encourage the growth of termite populations. They are able to eat wood for 24 hours a day without rest, as a result termite infestation can damage the structure of the building and ultimately costly repairs. Checking for common signs of the presence of termites at home will help you identify early problems and ensure effective prevention can begin as soon as possible. You can use the service of a pest control company like the HOA LAM termite control company to prevent the termites from coming. The expert technicians can provide termite control solutions that are fast, effective and well targeted.
Many people have known termites as ‘white ants’. This is due to the similarity of behavior between termites and ants. Here are the interesting facts about ‘white ants’ you should know:
– Termites also are known as ‘white ants’ are one of the most feared house pests.
– Termites are often mistaken for ants. One that distinguishes them is that termites have larger waists than ants.
– Termites can significantly decrease the value of your property.
– Termites eat everything that contains celluloses like furniture, door frames, floors, and sky ceiling.
– Once the food source has been exposed to termite colonies, they can eat continuously non-stop for 24 hours.
– Termites eat from the wood, which means termite damage is not visible from the outside and eventually, the handling is too late.