The success of the public relations field is determined by the quality of private-public officials who can provide much-needed information to the public through the mass media. The Public Relations Specialists should be close to media colleagues and not difficult if asked or explanation about his company.
However, the success of public relations officials cannot be separated from the participation of public relations staff who help all the needs of public relations officials in providing information. PR will not work if it works alone without empowering staff.
A public relations staff should have more ability than Kahumasnya. What distinguishes between public relation and staff only in terms of authority to speak to the media. Because the information conveyed is related to the image of the company so that not everyone can speak except the top management or to the PR.
Reliable public relations staff is indispensable in supporting public relations performance. Especially at this time, not infrequently the position of public relations officials filled by people who do not have the background of public relations. Thus making public relations staff should be able to direct the public relations work that has been done to remain consistent and run well if there is a change of public relations officials.
According to his responsibilities, as a public relations worker is to provide information, educate, convince, get sympathy, and generate public interest, the authors suggest there are 10 criteria that must be owned by public relations staff. Among others:
1. Mastering how to write good news
2. Have a network of print and electronic journalists and online media
3. Communication and computer technology
4. Active in social media
5. Have a network of customers or community, if the company is related to the service field.
6. Having a network with related agencies.
7. Being a good discussion partner for public relations officials
8. Making public speaking
9. Following the development of news or information, whether directly related to the company or other common problems.
10. Have a soul togetherness in working on the team
Those are the 10 criteria that the public relations staff needs to have so that they can support the success of the Public Relation. The PR who successfully provides information to the public then a positive image of the company, organization or institution can be achieved.