However, please note that repairing a roof or tile is certainly not cheap. The repair costs can be quite high, especially if you have to use a repairman service. For that reason, why don’t you try to fix it? By trying to improve the roof of your own house, you can save the budget you spend. Meanwhile, you can also check out roofers Arlington to know more about a trusted roofing service.
Here’s a simple way to repair damage to a roof or tile at home:
1. Replace old tiles and look weathered on the surface. No need to wait for the tile to crack or break, if you think the tile looks worn and dull because of its old age, the tile needs to be replaced. However, first remove the nails or adhesive between the tiles before removing the tiles one by one.
2. Check the feasibility of the protective layer under the tile. This layer is usually made of plastic or metal which serves to block rainwater so that it does not directly enter the house. The sidelines of the tile that do not meet still allow rainwater to seep in. However, with this protective layer, water can be accommodated. For this reason, this protective layer needs to be checked, whether the condition is still good, no holes, or bending. This material is very weathered and mossy because it often holds rainwater. If the conditions are not good, immediately replace the new one by removing the nail on the board where this layer is placed.
3. See also the condition of the board where the protective layer is placed, if there are nails missing when you remove the protective layer, then you need to add new nails.
4. Install the new protective layer in the original place. Make sure the position is correct so that rainwater seepage can be properly collected.
5. Now, switch to the broken tile. Calculate how many broken or weathered tiles you want to replace. Count from the bottom row to the top. Or, if the tile condition in your house is very long, you need to replace the entire tile with a new one.